Avocado oil is an important base ingredient in many of our products- here's why,
- As one of natures deepest penetrating oils with a rapid absorption rate, it holds moisture in the skin without giving off an oily residue.
- Approximately, 70% of avocado oils composition is oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega- 9 fatty acid, which is particularly useful for dry skin types, scar healing, skin repair and collagen boosting.
- It has a high content of many cell healing vitamins, Vitamin A to encourage cell turn over and Vitamin E for defence against free radical damage.
- Avocado oil contains plant based cholesterols (phytosterols) which are anti- inflammatory and immune modulating. It nourishes sun damaged skin (so much so, that studies have shown it to assist in the treatment of skin cancer), and inflamed skin conditions (highly effective in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema).
- It's unique composition makes it an excellent natural sunscreen, which is useful considering we use it in a lot of of our body products- particularly the cleanse bars and body scrubs.